These are the five clubs having matches
Hatfield BC, Parkside BC, Shire Park BC, Welwyn & District BC & Welwyn Garden City BC celebration Welwyn Garden City reaching 100 years old in 2020. This will be an annual competition.
If you wish to post any results, please email email@example.com
3 mixed triples (with any combination of men/women over the 3 triples playing on each occasion.)
|10-Jun-21||Welwyn Garden City||Away||10:00||Score, Table, Match report.|
|22-Jun-21||Parkside||Away||10:30||Score, Table, Match report.|
|31-Aug-21||Welwyn & District||Home||10:00|
|18-May-21||Welwyn Garden City||Home||10:30||Score, Table, Match report.|
|22-Jun-21||Hatfield||Home||10:30||Score, Table, Match report.|
|20-Jul-21||Welwyn & District||Away||10:00|
|21-Jul-21||Welwyn & District||Home||10:00|
|24-Aug-21||Welwyn Garden City||Away||10:00|
|WELWYN & D|
|17-Aug-21||Welwyn Garden City||Away||10:00|
|18-May-21||Parkside||Away||10:30||Score, Table, Match report.|
|10-Jun-21||Hatfield||Home||10:00||Score, Table, Match report.|
|17-Aug-21||Welwyn & District||Away||10:00|
BOWLS CHALLENGE TROPHY –Rules
Clubs: Hatfield; Parkside; Shire Park; Welwyn and District; and Welwyn Garden City.
Trustees of the Trophy
Welwyn Garden City Centenary Foundation
Organising Committee: One member of each Club and members of the Welwyn Garden City Centenary Foundation
In the first instance as part of the Welwyn Garden City Centenary Celebrations; in subsequent years to commemorate the first 100 years and as an ongoing legacy of the 100 year Celebrations.
Rules of the Competition
It will be run on a Triples League Basis.
- Each Club will play each of the other Clubs with one match of 3 mixed triples (with any combination of men/women over the 3 triples playing on each occasion.)
- Matches are to be arranged between the Clubs themselves to be played between the start and end of the outdoor season each year.
- Matches normally played mid-week (Monday-Friday) mornings or afternoons to suit the two Clubs playing.
- Home and away will be alternate years for each match between each Club. With six Clubs involved that means five matches each year.
- Agreed Home Club each year to confirm match details and provide basic hospitality-i.e. tea/biscuits.
- Postponed matches to be re-arranged by two Clubs involved as soon as possible before the end of the season.
- Matches are to be of three triples, and all played at one venue.
- Standard 2 trial ends and then 18 ends played.
- Minimum of 12 ends (per rink) counts as game completed in the event of bad weather.
- Toss for the mat on each rink.
- 2 points for a win on each rink (1 for a draw)
- 4 points for a win overall (across the 3 rinks) (2 for an overall draw) v Thus 10 points total for each match.
- If a Club is one rink short then other Club gains 2 points for that missing rink plus 5 shots to their overall score.
- Club with most number of points over 5 games will be the winner.
- In the event of 2 Clubs having the same number of points-then highest overall shots score (i.e total for less total against) would determine.
- In the event of 2 Clubs still being drawn then Club with most winning rinks would determine.
- Competition will produce result card for each game showing.
- Scores on each rink.
- Points awarded.
- Signed by both teams.
Card is to be posted to the Competition Secretary after the match